Some years ago I had a moment where I remembered how much fun it was to ride my bike. We were never allowed to ride very far, but I rode 'round and 'round the block and enjoyed the mobility as well as the rush of flying down the hill at the end. So I asked for a bike for my birthday.
I bet a rode that thing at least a dozen times. Since then, it's been sitting in my garage.
I have tons of excuses why it sits.
- Wendell promised to take it for a free tune up that summer.
- Wendell promised to tune it up the next year.
- The store closed and we never got the free tune up.
- The kids broke the bike pump
- I don't know how to use the air compressor to pump up the tires.
- The kids in the trailer always fought until someone pulled someone else's hair.
The reality is that these are just excuses. And I really want to ride up the canyon. I know there's a trail somewhere and everyone talks about. At my current size and biking
inability, that's something I need to work toward.
But my excuses are sounding weaker and weaker. It's time I allowed myself to do something fun!