I didn't post at all about my kids' appointment with the retinal specialist two months ago. Partly, because I figured if I didn't put it in writing then maybe it's not really happening.
But it is. And we could use some prayers. Nathan is not responding to the diuretic as well as the girls. His right eye, which is his good eye, is kinda responding. It seemed to show some improvement at the last visit, two months ago and is essentially holding steady (though maybe slightly worse) since last time.
Nate's left eye we are losing. In two months his vision had dropped from 20/30 to 20/35. And because we aren't seeing notable improvement in Nate's right eye...I feel nervous. I came home from the retinal appointment yesterday and had myself a little cry. I don't want to watch my child go blind. But I also know that this is--big time--in the Lord's hands.
Our next step for Nate is to get a basic metabolic panel and see how bad the side effects of the meds are. You see Nate is on the same dose as Emma. So physically there's a big difference. (Emma's 5' 6" and Nate's more like 4' 6".)
Two months ago, we bumped Nate up to Emma's dose. Now, if his body can handle it, we'll bump him up again. If his body can't handle more of that, we'll have to try the injections in the eye that Emma got at the beginning, you know the ones that cost between $200-$2500 depending on whether it's name-brand or generic.
So we will do what we can and leave the rest to the Lord.