Let's pretend that today is March 21st and Annika has just turned three!
I can't believe how quickly the time goes by. Avert your eyes if you hate those posts where people brag on and on about their kids.
Amazing Things About Annika:
1. Annika is 100% potty trained. Day trained, night trained, choo-choo trained. She has, no question, been my easiest child to potty train. The worst, hardest part took 1 month after which I think she has had 2 accidents. I'm not kidding. She's awesome.
2. Annika is my most advanced reader. She sight reads over 20 words, she knows the entire alphabet and all the sounds the letters make. We are now working on phonics and she is reading books. She's currently in the middle of "The Goose is Loose."
3. I LOVE Annika's naturally curly hair. It took me forever to get up the nerve to cut it because I was terrified that I was losing her curls. Nope. They're still all bouncy and wavy.
4. Annika is very articulate. I often have people guessing that she's a small 4 because she speaks so well. The other day she told me, "I need to draw something in this area." And waved her hand over her paper. Lovely. Draw away.
5. Annika is writing too. She can consistently write A, O, N, M and W. She's working on K, I, and D among others.
6. She has a bit of a performer in her. One day at Costco, she heard children's music and immediately began singing and dancing along. Soon (according to Wendell) they had a gathering of grandmother-ish ladies, clapping their hands and adoring her. Wendell bought the music and I have been tortured with it ever since.
7. Annika can get dressed all by herself. Many times a day. Today she appeared at the front door (I was outside talking to a neighbor) in a swimming suit, shorts and a sun hat. Before I could even get inside to take her picture she had changed into filthy clothes, from heaven knows what day. She changes as much as 3-4 times a day wearing any of the following: dress-up outfits, pj's (sometimes with the feet attached), yesterday's clothes, Emma's underwear, clothes from any of the big kids, Halloween costumes, hats, glasses, etc.
This concludes Jenna's brag session.