2. At one, Annika could sing more words than she could say. She could sing Happy Birthday to You (which we got on tape as proof), Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I am a Child of God.
This is a picture of her (with my sister, Andrea) at Emma's birthday. This is the first time she sang Happy Birthday.
3. She is quite a climber. This is very different from Emma. I thought my boys were climbers because they were boys. But Annika is a climber, too. She'll climb on the couch and jump off. She jumps off of the highest stairs and will climb on the counter to get stuff out of the cupboard.
4. Annika is obsessed with gum. We have a rule that no one can chew gum until they are 8. Perhaps the forbidden factor is what makes it so interesting. Once, in two days Annika ate the greater part of 3 packs of gum. Let me emphasize that she ATE them. Ate. The third day she got diarrhea. It smelled like gum which is weird and horrible.
5. Annika is the readingest baby I've ever had. All of my kids could read at three and Anson could write very well before he turned four. But Annika is reading already. Not only does she know the letters A, O, M, S, E, D, N, B, but she can also read the words Annika, Mom, Dad, Emma and Nathan. She's two and two months. This blows my mind. As we speak she is sitting on my lap pointing at the words Emma, Annika and she found the Mom in Momville.
6. She's pretty. She's so pretty. She has a beautiful olive skin color. She has Precious Moments eyes. Really. They are huge and brown and gorgeous. She has naturally curly dark brown hair. I've thought about putting her in a baby contest, cuz I'm sure she'd win. However, she is kinda shy, so I think that would be torture to her.