On Saturday Wendell wanted to go the season opener Utah Blaze game (Arena Football League). Because he was working early shift from 9-5 his schedule was open to get to the 7:00 game. However this would mean that I'd have to watch the kids from 8:45 am until after 11 pm. To say the least, this makes for a long, trying day.
I agreed that he could go to the game on one condition: every minute he spent away from the family after work, I'd get to spend by myself on his day off. He was gone 5 hours and 45 minutes. Oh, delight.
As it turned out Anson had a bladder infection and had to come home from school, so I only got 5 hours and 15 minutes, part of which was spent getting his prescription. That aside, I had an amazing time!!!
I made a plan, which is crucial. I don't know how many times Wendell has said, "Go out and spend an hour alone." I say, "yea!!" then drive around for 45 minutes and come home early having no idea what to do with myself.
Just to be clear, I wasn't actually alone. Beck was my little buddy on my special day since I was going to be gone so long. So here's what I did with 5 hours and 15 minutes at my discretion.
1. I took myself to lunch! There is this noodle place I'd been eyeing. I told Wendell I wanted to go. He told me he'd been and it was terrible. (When I told him after my day that's where I went, he told me that he really liked that place. Weird. He can't remember anything.)
2. I ran a couple of errands. Not special, but I had a whole hour to kill before Anson's medicine was ready, so I may as well.
3. Fed Beck in the car in the Rite Aid parking lot. I was not going home AT ALL during my special time. No matter what.
4. Picked up Anson's prescription and ran it home.
5. Went to IKEA. This was my big thing. IKEA is not very close to my house, so I don't have many occasions to go. I actually had a hard time kinda fighting the urge to rush. Whenever I do get out it seems I have a deadline. But I had hours to kill this time. I bought the stuff I came for and had fun looking at other stuff.
6. Fed Beck at my Mom's house and visited.
7. I decided I needed a snack. I thought that an apple would be healthy, so I went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought a caramel apple coated in white and dark mini chocolate chips. I'm sure it was good for me.
8. I went home. I was happy. I was refreshed.
I can't wait to do it again. In fact, Wendell went to a basketball game for 1 hour 35 minutes tonight. I can't wait for Friday! I think I'll get a pedicure this time...